New Look, Same Heart Finding Confidence in the Transitions




A close-up profile picture of a smiling woman, CharneyC, showcasing her short, neatly styled dreadlocks with tapered sides while wearing a casual purple top.


 

New Look, Same Heart: Finding Confidence in the Transitions

Hi everyone! ๐Ÿ’œ

Today, I'm writing this blog with a heart that feels a little lighter. A little braver.

And, if I'm honest, a little more like myself.

If you've recently visited my Facebook page or seen my latest profile picture, you may have noticed that I've changed things up a little. My new photo features my favourite dreadlock style - one that makes me feel confident, creative and completely comfortable in my own skin.

It may seem like a small change.

Just a different hairstyle.
Just a new photograph.

But I've realised something beautiful. A new look is rarely just about the outside. It's often a reflection of everything that's been changing on the inside.

Sometimes the biggest transformations aren't the ones people immediately notice. They're the quiet shifts that happen within us after we've survived difficult seasons. They're the moments when we finally decide to stop hiding and allow the world to see the person we've slowly been becoming.

That's what this new photo represents for me.

Not perfection.
Not reinvention.
Just authenticity.
Sometimes We Need to Meet Ourselves Again


Life has a funny way of changing us.

Heartbreak changes us.
Loss changes us.
Motherhood changes us.
Business changes us.
Grief changes us.
Success changes us.
Failure changes us.

Every season leaves its fingerprint on our hearts. Sometimes we become so busy surviving that we don't realise we've changed until one day we catch our reflection in the mirror and think...

"Who am I now?"
I've had many of those moments over the past few years.

Losing my father.
Navigating life as a mother.
Building GLAMMAMIS EVENTS.
Growing my Facebook community.
Writing my ebooks.
Healing from relationships that weren't meant to last.

Every experience shaped me. And somewhere along the journey, I realised something.

I wasn't becoming someone different. I was finally becoming myself.



Personal Style Is More Than Fashion
For years we've been taught that style is about keeping up with trends.

Buying expensive clothes.
Having the latest hairstyle.
Looking like everyone else.

But I don't believe that's what personal style is about at all.

To me...
Personal style is an extension of your soul.When I look at my dreadlocks, I don't simply see hair.

I see patience.
I see resilience.
I see confidence.
I see years of learning to love myself exactly as I am.

Every hairstyle tells a story.
Every smile carries a memory.
Every wrinkle reflects laughter or tears.
Every scar reminds us that we've survived something.

Our appearance isn't about impressing other people. It's about feeling at home in ourselves.

There is something incredibly freeing about looking in the mirror and smiling because the person staring back finally feels familiar.



Confidence Doesn't Arrive Overnight

One question I'm often asked is,

"How are you always so confident?"
The truth?

I'm not.

Confidence isn't something you wake up with one morning. It's something you practise.
Every single day. Some mornings I feel unstoppable. Other mornings I question everything.

There are days when I feel beautiful.
There are days when I don't.

That's called being human.

Confidence isn't the absence of insecurity.

It's choosing to show up despite it. It's posting the photo even though you worry someone might judge you. It's starting the business even though you're scared it might fail. It's speaking your truth even when your voice shakes. It's believing that you're worthy before everyone else agrees.

Confidence grows every time we choose courage over comfort.



Stop Waiting Until You Feel "Ready"

I think one of the biggest mistakes many of us make is believing we need to feel completely confident before we take action.

We tell ourselves...
"I'll wear that outfit once I lose weight."
"I'll start the business when I know more."
"I'll post the photo when I look better."
"I'll apply for the job when I have more experience."
"I'll speak up when I feel more confident."

But confidence isn't the starting point.
It's the reward.
It grows because you took the chance.

Not before.

If I had waited until I felt completely ready before doing many things in my life, I'd probably still be waiting.

Sometimes you've simply got to trust yourself enough to begin.



Seasons Are Meant to Change
Nature teaches us something we often forget. Nothing stays the same forever.

Trees lose their leaves.
Flowers bloom.
Rain falls.
The sun rises again.

Everything changes.

So why do we expect ourselves to remain exactly the same person forever?
You're allowed to change.
You're allowed to grow.
You're allowed to outgrow people.
You're allowed to discover new passions.
You're allowed to reinvent yourself.
You're allowed to wear brighter colours.
You're allowed to cut your hair.

Or grow your hair.
Or lock your hair.

You're allowed to become someone your younger self could only dream about. Growth isn't betrayal.

It's life.



Authenticity Is More Attractive Than Perfection

Social media often convinces us that everyone else has life figured out.

Perfect families.
Perfect holidays.
Perfect businesses.
Perfect relationships.
Perfect homes.

But behind every polished photograph is a real person navigating challenges we know nothing about.

I've made a conscious decision that my platform will always be different.
I don't only want to share the victories.
I want to share the lessons.
The grief.
The healing.
The business struggles.
The motherhood moments.

The days when confidence comes easily.

And the days when it doesn't. Because I believe authenticity connects people far more deeply than perfection ever could.

People don't need another perfect influencer. They need someone who reminds them they're not alone.



Your Light Was Never Meant to Be Hidden

For far too long, many of us have learned to shrink ourselves.

Don't be too loud.
Don't be too emotional.
Don't dream too big.
Don't stand out.
Don't take up space.

But imagine if flowers apologised for blooming.
Imagine if sunsets worried they were too colourful.
Imagine if birds stopped singing because someone might not like the sound.
Nature doesn't apologise for existing.

Neither should you.

The gifts you've been given weren't meant to stay hidden.
Your personality.
Your creativity.
Your kindness.
Your humour.
Your intelligence.
Your resilience.

They're all part of your light. And someone out there desperately needs that light today.



Grace Is Giving Yourself Permission
One word continues to appear throughout my life lately.

Grace.
Grace isn't weakness.
Grace is giving yourself permission.

Permission to heal.
Permission to rest.
Permission to change.
Permission to begin again.
Permission to make mistakes.
Permission to celebrate yourself without feeling guilty.

I've learned that becoming the woman I want to be requires extending the same kindness to myself that I so freely give to everyone else.

Maybe that's something you need to hear today too. You don't have to earn your worth.

You already have it.



My Heart Hasn't Changed


Although my profile picture has changed... My heart hasn't.

I'm still the woman who believes in second chances.
I'm still passionate about encouraging others.
I'm still building GLAMMAMIS EVENTS with love.
I'm still writing blogs that I hope remind someone they aren't alone.
I'm still navigating life's ups and downs right alongside you.

This community has become so much more than followers and likes.
It's become a family.
Every message.
Every comment.
Every share.
Every encouraging word reminds me why I started writing in the first place.

Thank you for allowing me to show up exactly as I am.

Not perfect. Just real.



Keep Becoming

If you're standing on the edge of a new season today...

Take the photo.
Wear the outfit.
Start the business.
Write the book.
Speak your truth.
Try the hairstyle.

Take the chance. Don't wait until you become someone else. Celebrate who you're becoming right now.

Because confidence isn't found at the finish line. It's built one brave decision at a time.

And sometimes...

One new profile picture is simply the first step towards embracing the life you've always deserved.



Final Thoughts
As I continue this journey of healing, growing and discovering new parts of myself, I hope you'll continue walking beside me.

Thank you for reading.
Thank you for supporting my blogs.
Thank you for reminding me that authenticity still matters in a world that often rewards perfection.

My new look may have caught your attention...

But my heart remains exactly the same.

Still hopeful.
Still grateful.
Still believing that brighter days are always ahead.

And still cheering you on every step of your own journey.


๐Ÿ’ฌ I'd Love to Hear From You

Let's chat in the comments.

✨ Is there a hairstyle, outfit or personal style that instantly makes you feel more like yourself?

✨ What has helped you become more confident over the years?

✨ What "new beginning" are you embracing in this season of your life?

I read every single comment, and your stories inspire me more than you know.


I need these reminders as much as you do.

Let's figure this out side by side. ๐Ÿ’œ

Thank You for Reading

Thank you for taking the time to read this article.

Life is full of transitions. Sometimes we change our appearance, our mindset, our priorities or even the direction of our lives. Change doesn't mean you've lost yourself - it often means you've found the courage to become more of who you were always meant to be.

Never be afraid to grow. The strongest version of you isn't the one who never changes - it's the one who embraces change without losing the kindness, values and heart that make you uniquely you.

Keep evolving, keep learning and keep becoming the person you're proud to be.

Let's navigate this thing called life together - one lesson, one choice and one day at a time.


๐ŸŒฟ Continue Your Journey

Every new season brings an opportunity to grow. If today's article resonated with you, these related reads may encourage and inspire you as you continue navigating life's ups and downs.

The Fingerprint of the Soul: Why the World is Waiting for Your Unedited Chapter

True confidence comes from embracing who you really are. Discover why your authenticity is your greatest strength and why your unique story matters.

Stop Playing Small: Why I'm Finally Turning Up the Volume

Growth often requires stepping out of your comfort zone. Learn why believing in yourself and embracing your voice can open the door to opportunities you've been waiting for.

The Magic of a Blank Page: When Healing Ends and Living Begins

Every transition marks the beginning of a new chapter. Discover how healing, hope and fresh starts can help you confidently embrace what's next.

Let’s Stay Connected!

If you enjoyed this post, I’d love to have you join our community on Facebook

 for more daily inspiration and updates:

Navigating Life's Ups & Downs


Comments